Current Employment Position
Professional Associations and Memberships
- New York State Bar Association
- Syracuse University College of Law
- LeMoyne College
- Volunteer with Food Bank of the Southern Tier
Verdicts/Settlements/Cases of Note/Favorite Win
- My favorite win was getting a law judge to disallow a claim under Section 10, which says there is no liability if the injury solely arises out of the claimant’s intoxication from alcohol or a controlled substance. The claimant fell 150 feet off a cell tower (and miraculously survived with relatively minor injuries!). He was rushed to the local ER where blood tests showed evidence of illegal drugs, including methamphetamines and marijuana. Although he denied using drugs and asserted the tox screen was false, he had a long history of drug abuse. His employer testified that the claimant’s safety gear was checked and working properly, and the ER doctor testified that the drugs in the tox screen would likely cause impaired judgement and concentration, among other side effects. We argued that the claimant failed to properly secure his safety equipment due to impaired judgement and concentration caused by his usage of illegal drugs, as shown by his tox screen shortly after the accident, and that the claim should be disallow under Section 10. The judge agreed and disallowed the case.
- Zach, my feline overlord, a 14 year old Maine Coon cuddle bug.
- Movies, books, music, baking and hiking